A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Chirping Along to Downton Abbey

Chirp, Chirp is under the needle!

I got this layered last week and started the machine quilting over the weekend. 


It's progressing slowly. 


I've used this same quilting pattern on "Living Room Camo" but since I'm using the same thread throughout it becomes a continuous line pattern, or nearly so if I don't lose my place and turn in the wrong direction. 


I finally broke down and put Downton Abbey Season 5 in the DVD player while working on this.  It was a great Sunday - Drake at my feet under the sewing table, laundry going, Downton on, a lovely candle burning, quilting getting started and no pressure of a deadline and when I wore out - nap time! 

I hope to be binding this come next weekend - we'll see.  In the meantime, there's plenty of HSTs to cut apart.  I've had absolutely no luck at all in convincing DH to help me with that step.  Bummer.


No comments:

Post a Comment