A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Snowy Sunday, Project Day!

The snow started on Saturday around 5:00 pm and finished right before I sat down to type this post on Sunday evening. A 24 hour snow event. It was a heavy, wet snow requiring a few shoveling sessions throughout the day. We had about 9-10 inches come down.

In between, I worked on painting the last wall of the Studio. YAY!! In order to get this stretch of wall done, I had to move the tall cherry bookcase, the old tool chest, the TV stand, and the litterbox tote. 



Now that the painting is done, I have to figure out where I'm putting the furniture back in place, trying to optimize the space.  The Studio would greatly benefit this room being 3 feet wider and 3 feet longer, at a minimum. Not happening, but a girl can dream, can't she?! The paint is not yet dry here.



Still loving the color. Maybe even a bit more since the painting is done. Oh sure, the baseboards have a few spots needing touch up yet but I'm calling this project done! Once I get the final furniture placement, I will be able to (at last!) lay down the new rug. What's really cool is how the cherry wood and the drapes and the Michigan map all pop against the wall color. Picture of that later.

Next project is refinishing a new wall art piece. I'm glad I held off on this until I had the wall color decided. A few months ago, I found this at the thrift shop in town. It cost all of $12.00. 



As you can see the colors are clearly dated and not my palette.  Signed and dated 1989! 





I took some time today to draw a cartoon of it, and make copies so I can carefully plan out my paint scheme. 



I want it to pop with blues & greens, maybe coral for an accent,  with color gradations and contrast. Color pencil versions will help me hopefully achieve my vision.   My evening TV watching this week will be well spent. I'm thinking I'll be ready to paint it in the next week or two. Maybe some of this snow will have melted by then....HAHAHAHAHA!



2 comments:

  1. The new paint color is perfect, I am lookin forward to seeing the rug installed. You always find the best stuff at the thrift store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue is looking good! The wood quilt is interesting - easier to change its colours than it would be for a fabric one.

    ReplyDelete