A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Sunday, January 31, 2021

Which Color Won?

 I'm sure you are wondering which color out of all the swatch cards won the right to end up on the Studio walls.

There were more swatch cards than what's shown here
You're not the only one! 

I drove W near crazy with the gathering of the swatch cards, the looking at them in different light, buying sample pots of paint, looking at the test paint patches at different times of day, muttering to myself, thinking and rethinking my edited choices.

I'm always the one who says 'it's only a coat of paint. it can always be painted over'. Except I really didn't want to have to do that if I could avoid it. 

From the over 24 swatch cards, I narrowed it down to 3 paint test colors.


After looking at them for a couple of days, I added 2 more paint test colors in the opposite direction of where I was headed.

I veered completely away from anything greenish-blue right over to a blue that leans to the cool, purple side.  Look how yellow the pale green is against the new blue.

And the Studio and hallway are 90% complete. I'll share full pictures when I get everything put back together. Oh, and the walls weren't the only thing that got a coat of paint. 


 

2 comments: