A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Saturday, January 2, 2021

Onward Into 2021!

 Onward we go into 2021, fingers crossed, resolve steeled, with a determined glint in our eye that this year will be better than last year, while remaining cautious, careful and considerate of others.

I'll be sharing some current projects and update you on some old projects. And then there's a future one or two percolating, as well. So many things did get accomplished last year - The Year of the Projects! - both at home & in Michigan. 

The current house project is my Studio/Home Office redo, which started back in August and is still going strong. It's being done in conjunction with a larger, ever ongoing purging of items that are needed elsewhere in the Universe. The redo has required the addition of some larger, more useful storage furniture. Of course, knowing me like you do, you know I don't run out & buy new. Half the fun of the room redo is hunting down just the right used piece and rehoming it. Thrift shops, estate sales, and moving sales are the best! It make take a bit longer but I'm just a wee bit persistent, to say the least.

Odie has been helping with the Studio Redo


I sent this DVD cabinet out the door to make room for this full size cherry bookcase that I scored right in town at the thrift shop that benefits women & children in peril. It's also where I send those items we no longer need or use. Support Local! 

The white rope bins contain my Studio DVD collection -
so much neater & cleaner than seeing the mishmash of cases.



I fully admit that I had to really wheedle the heck out of the manager to be able to purchase this bookcase. They were using it to house yarn for sale and didn't want to sell it. But it's made from cherry wood & I HAD to have it. I made him a cash offer he couldn't refuse. Interestingly, there was a gentleman in the shop at the same time who was also interested in buying the bookcase. He took no for the answer when he heard me asking about it. I didn't. Persistence paid off!  This bookcase was the beginning of my birthday present. 

W had asked me early in August what I wanted for my birthday this year, and I'm quite sure he didn't expect 'New Furniture' to be the answer. He does, however, know it's wasn't something we would just run out & buy in an afternoon of shopping. W gets the "Hunt", heck, he even joins in but he may not have grasped the scope of my that request at the time. 

See that braided rug in front of the bookcase? It figures prominently in this week's adventure. 

Stay tuned!



 

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Absolutely adore the "new" cherry book case - of course you had to have it - it is perfect and it is cherry, what is not to love?
    Curious minds are wondering if any Irish chain quilts might be in the works????? Just asking for a friend ;-)
    Hope this is the year you can make a trip up here and meet the girls! Love ya, Scarlet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Nice to see you posting again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the bookcase score! Looking forward to the story of the rug...

    ReplyDelete