A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Sunday, January 10, 2021

Brightly Blooming Florals

 Last July, I found the Moda Fabrics Brightly Blooming collection. By the time I gave into my want, the shop only had the linen blend on hand. I considered using it for the Studio sliding glass doors.



Not quite the look I was going for, as full door panels would have been too busy for that space. But I LOVED the fabric and knew it was just a matter of time before I found a use for it. It was a simple matter of walking to the very next room.

I didn't realize until I looked at this picture that the colors match my Caribbean Solstice quilt. Love the bright colors and the way it coordinates with the 'Coral Serenade' wall color. I used a plain muslin for the lining of the valance.

Later, I located some yardage in the cotton print with the white background and the navy background.


Not sure what I'm making with this yet but I have it in the stash when inspiration hits.




2 comments: