A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Friday, January 8, 2021

(Not Quilt) Finishing(s) Friday

I was going to do 'Furniture Friday' but since I've already done two posts on furniture this week already, I thought we needed a different topic.  And, YES, believe it or not, there are more furniture stories to share. So finishings it is!

Finishings, what are finishings? Items that are finished or refinished or items that finish a room, are all finishings. Last year, many of my projects fell into that category so I'm going to share them with you over the course of the next few weeks or months.

Mirror, mirror on the...deck railing?? 

Yep! The Michigan House Makeover - the project that spawned many, many sub-projects. These are the original medicine cabinet mirrored doors. Dark antiqued dark gold. Notice they match the base of the light fixture - ick - but that's another story for another post.

Cleaning wasn't enough - they cried out for a facelift. And that couldn't happen in situ. I wrestled them off the long piano hinges, covered the glass , staged them on the deck railing and hit them with a few coats of metallic champagne mist gold.


The difference was night and day. 


The newly painted doors reinstalled.


Love the lighter feel they bring to the bathrooms. And their new look necessitated I paint the cabinet knobs to match as well, but I can't find a picture of them. So I'll show you the inside of the medicine cabinets that got a refinish as well.



It took 2 coats of white paint to cover the beige plastic.  

Buh-bye beige! Are you getting the feeling that nothing is safe when I have a paint brush in hand? You're right! 



3 comments:

  1. Amazing what a difference the paint colour makes to those mirrors! You have a talent for decorating that I wish I had some of.

    ReplyDelete