A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Bling - Equestrian Style!

 Last July, I blogged about acquiring a new-to-me, used horse harness. 



Being me, I couldn't leave it plain black. Nope, I needed BLING! And not your usual, plain round silver dots and spots kind of harness bling. 


I set out searching the Interweb for something that reflected my style and found these sculptured rose conchos. I liked them, mostly. The size, shape & details were great. The finish - not so much! What's a girl to do? Yep - strip off the dull, antiqued factory finish back down to the base metal.

Factory finish in the middle, stripped down to base metal on either sides

And then hand paint and topcoat them. Sixteen of them - matching. 



Then, it was off to the saddle shop to have holes punched into the harness.  Bless his heart - the harness maker was slightly horrified and once he punched the first hole in the breast collar, he told me there was no going back. 


All conchos in painted & in place!


Yes, I realized that this officially made the harness mine, as it could never be a trade-in for resale to his mostly Amish clientele.

Even better was that it not only fit Stormy, but he looked handsome in harness and is taking well to being ground driven. 

Stormy's first time wearing the blinged out harness!

Lots of miles to walk and trot behind him before we ever think about hitching to a cart.




1 comment:

  1. Stormy looks very handsome in his rose-blinged harness.

    ReplyDelete