A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Monday, January 18, 2021

Studio Style!

 Back on my post from January 2nd, one of the pictures showed a braided rug in front of my new-to-me bookcase. I alluded that this rug would figure into some future posts. 

This is one of those posts. That little rug was a Christmas gift from W several years ago. I LOVE the greens & blues all woven together in it. I found it on Overstock at a good price. Since I loved it so much, I shopped around for a larger size of the same kind.

Rude awakening - Larger size braided rugs cost a LOT more than the small sizes. Like weirdly, exponentially more. I could not justify that kind of cash back then, but I never really forgot about it. 

Recently, a friend J, who moved to northern Minnesota, shared her plan to tackle her sewing studio space asking for input on wall paint color. That got me to thinking. Me thinking is a very dangerous thing!

Back in 2015, I whitewashed the wood beams and shiplap walls in the studio. Then I painted the walls a light green. I always felt the green was a bit too light and a bit too yellow. 

You see where this is going right?  Yeah, me too!

Spending time in this space working remotely is making my Home Improvement Gene kick in. The wrong green walls are making me twitch. The new furniture has already improved the layout and storage situation, so tackling the next project on the Studio list is imminent. The question becomes which green? 

That little rug is the inspiration. Not only for the wall color but also for another element to tie the space together. YEP! Another braided rug. It's very own big brother oval rug. Some diligent searching on the Interwebs turned up a sale, which when combined with a gift card, resulted in a package being delivered to the front porch.  

Measures 5 foot by 8 foot

It originally wasn't suppose to arrive until January 23rd but it showed up back on January 8th. So not ready to lay it down, considering the walls need to be tackled first but it's here! And I'm thrilled! 

I can't wait to get it in place. Patience is not my long suit and I can be very determined when it comes to painting. Just need to pick a color...

Btw, my friend J chose a very pale lilac.



4 comments:

  1. I pick Devonshire Cream! But....you knew I would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck on picking a paint color. Whichever color I choose, it's usually the WRONG shade! Ugh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great find! Looking forward to seeing the final room when you have put it all together.

    ReplyDelete