A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Friday, September 15, 2017

New Addition!

There is a new addition to our family!
Introducing...

ODIE

Odie arrived home very late on Saturday, 2 September after a very long drive home from my Minnesota road trip and is settling into our routine. The cats aren't entirely thrilled with the addition to the household - it's a two steps forward, one step up the cat tree to safety.  

The details:
Call Name: Odie
Registered Name*:  Magik's Redfyre Son of a Preacher Man
Breed: Chinese Shar Pei
Color: Black or Silver Sable - too soon to tell
Age: 9 1/2 weeks as of this post date 

Or is it just a patio statue of a Shar-Pei?

No, Odie is quite real and Cherry Quilts has a new Studio Dog! This is Odie on his first Tuesday with us, asleep under my sewing table.


I was very fortunate to be able to be off & then work from home for the first few days to help the transition.  We have swapped some things around, including putting small chunks of 2x4 under the legs on this table, so that we could put a larger crate (Boxer size or 24" x 36" x 26") under it.  For safety sake, all activity in my studio is either very closely monitored or he is confined (and asleep).  Since my studio opens right out to the yard, we can easily take frequent breaks.   Things will take a bit before I can resume a more normal sewing schedule, but I'm loving the interruption!


4 comments:

  1. I suppose I can forgive your Mom for driving to Minnesota and not stopping in since she was on a mission to pick you up. Love your sweet little face Mr. Odie. Welcome to the bestest family ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE HIS LOOKS AND HIS NAME....you are going to both be quite happy. Can't tell if he appreciates quilting or not. What a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that face! Hello, Odie!
    His registered name is a mouthful, so I'm glad we can call him Odie instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I always liked the look of this breed and Odie certainly confirms that! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete