A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Good Fortune Mini Mystery

Back to the Bonnie Hunter Mystery -  I assembled the blocks, albeit differently than the planned layout and then had to figure out how to handle the border(s).

Here are the two different corners - went with the one that matched the expanded center block. 


Once the border was attached, I hemmed and hawed over adding another border or call it done. In the end, done won!  

On to deciding the binding. First up - NAVY. 

Second choice - TURQUOISE. 

And finally - CORAL. 

For some reason, I didn't try the hot pink as the binding. Right now, I'm leaning toward the coral to balance out the color and allow the corner units to pop. Of course, I still need to layer and quilt the mini, so I have some time to decide.  

This was another great mystery, even with all my challenges with quilt math. Click HERE to see all the other wonderful mystery finishes around the world.

3 comments:

  1. Great job on the mini mystery! Is it about 16" square? (Counting lines on the cutting board to get that number.) The expanded centre is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have voted for the navy to bring that color from the center out to the edge. Whatever you choose, it will be AWESOME, as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete