A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Friday, February 1, 2019

The Studio has been Vortexed!

And not by a cleaning tornado - darn it! 

Somebody in upper Minnesota left the door open so the Artic Air could come on down to Illinois for a visit.  The Polar Vortex hit with a vengeance.

This is NOT fun for man, woman or beast!  How cold, you ask? The air temp this morning (day 2) was -27 F, with a wind chill of -35 F.  And this is warmer than yesterday, when the wind chill was -53 F. 

On the upside, it will warm to zero tonight when the snow starts to fall. Yes, I know it's winter but this is rather extreme. Then a weird warm front will move in on Sunday & Monday when temps will reach a high of  50 F, with rain. Rain!  On top of a heavy snow pack. Oh joy!  

In the meantime, it's too cold to work down in the Studio. I tried. I've been working from home a few days this week. Monday, we had 8-9 inches of snow and it was comfy down there with the heater going. 

Somebody helped my shovel snow in the back yard.

But on Wednesday morning, it was a different story. I lasted all of an hour and 20 minutes before having DH clear the kitchen table so I could haul up a monitor, laptop & all the work docs. Here is a picture of the front door frame - on the inside of the house. That's frost.

Odie was thrilled with moving upstairs as well. But it also means it is too cold to do any sewing / stitching /organizing of any kind down there. Not as thrilling! 

Evenings have been spent upstairs watching TV with the DH and on the laptop - researching warm weather destinations, among other things! Stay safe & warm if it's winter where you are at.



1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow, that is not fun at all! I quite seriously can't imagine what that sort of cold is like. I don't know how anyone get anything done in conditions like that!

    I hope it all settles back to something normal for you soon.

    ReplyDelete