A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Thursday, January 24, 2019

Last Week's Chain of Events

Last Thursday afternoon, I was minding my own business at work, when the phone range - it was the DH. He was letting me know he was driving to the Emergency Room. 
WHAT??!!! 
(Okay, don't worry - he's fine.)
But he was having significant pain in his lower abdomen and the clinic doctor wanted him at the ER to find out what the problem was, so he decided to drive himself. When I told him I'd meet him there, he was concerned I was leaving work early. ARGH! After several hours, a few tests  and some meds, we discovered he had a kidney stone. We finally got home after midnight, exhausted but glad to have a diagnosis. I slept dozed on couch, to keep an eye on him until morning. 

Not the best night's sleep, lead me to working from home Friday morning for a few hours until I could no longer keep my eyes open. And since DH was still having some pain, luckily not as severe, Saturday was  ended up being a low-key, stay at home, look - it's snowing and really, really cold day, spent stitching. Chain stitching the last 12 alternate blocks, getting the layout of the blocks decided and finally stitching the top!  


It feels good to have a quilt top finished this early in the year.  I need to find the right backing and get this layered and quilted quick. Can't wait to see it finished, as I believe the quilting will make it really pop and then I can finally reveal it in full color.

Sunday dawned sunny but cold! I had been waffling back & forth as to whether or not to head out to the first tack sale of the year. It was an hour an a half away, with temps close to zero.  I had just decided,  'what the heck, I'll go' when I noticed Odie shaking his head & rubbing his face.  I called him over and saw this.


And just like that, I was going absolutely nowhere!  Somehow, Odie managed to get bit by a spider. A couple of Benadryl and a good, long nap with Mommy watching over him like a hawk and he was almost back to normal. All in all, and interesting chain of events - most of which I don't want to repeat anytime soon. 


2 comments:

  1. Hope Will and Odie are feeling better. Love the new quilt top, looking forward to seeing it in technicolor

    hugs, Scarlet. ps - I deleted my blog account - too many techinical probs

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doesn't sound like a fun week at all. I hope the various patients are feeling better.

    The quilt top looks good, but I can see there are subtle colour changes in it that I'm sure will be wonderful when we get to see it in colour!

    ReplyDelete