A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Flying Home!

You guys, I am so EXCITED!!!

My "Fly Away Home" quilt is flying home this week!!
 

As part of the 2017 NQM New Quilt from Old Favorites: Flying Geese contest, this quilt has been gone since November 20016.  It had an exciting adventure as part of many special exhibits, published in a book and traveled to several states. But now, it's coming back home. 

I missed this quilt and  realized that it is due, in part, to it being the last quilt I made with Drake as my Studio Dog.

 I even have a few pictures of him photo bombing the initial photo session for the contest submission.  I cherish these pictures!

Odie is coming along as a Studio Dog, but he's not quite there yet. Just last week, we had to have another discussion about NOT snitching fabric pieces. Though in his defense, DH also found a few pieces up in the kitchen and we think the cats may have had something to do with those. Odie has some big pawprints to fill.

In the meantime, I'll just spend some time enjoying having Fly Away Home back home!

2 comments:

  1. It will be good to have your stunning quilt back home after all its adventures. I hope you have somewhere you can hang it up and show it off?

    Give Odie a hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it is indeed stunning. I love the colors and the way you handled them! Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete