A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Monday, January 7, 2019

Mystery Quilt - My Mini Progress

Bonnie Hunter revealed the final Good Fortune mystery quilt clue - the how to put all the units together and add a few borders part of the process - on Friday, January 4th. I am quite certain sewing machine around the globe were stitching full out quilters forged ahead to see their version of this beautiful quilt come to life under their needles!

This quilter - not so much. Friday was a work day and the last day of the fiscal year. Sometimes, you can't ignore the work pile and stitch instead, no matter how bad you want to. Add to the fact it was the last day I was working from home during our workspace remodel project. Today, we were all back in the office - from working at home, to extended holiday goers, to travelers from abroad. That meant I needed to be in the office early in order to unpack my desk, unpack the boss' office and help those on the extended team troubleshoot various issue.

Once the work was done on Friday however, I gathered all my tiny little bits and pieces, threaded up Wild Cherry and set to work. 

I'm not done yet. This is as far as I sewed and haven't even pressed the blocks. 288 tiny pieces joined together.  While I love the way BH Good Fortune quilt lays out, I may play with the bits I have to see what else I like. Check out the many, many, many other quilters versions of this mystery quilt Good Fortune HERE.

In between, I've been sewing on another project which I will introduce in my next blog post. It's a bit different.

And finally, a HUGE THANK YOU to Bonnie for this fun mystery which jumpstarted me to get back to quilting. And THANKS to Vireya, for her encouragement to get on with it already. And to those who visit my blog - thanks for following or just stopping by. Happy Stitching to All!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE your mini Mystery!! Simplifying the string portion was a good idea. I'm sure you will come up with a pleasing arrangement, like Bonnie's or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your mini version!

    Too bad that being back in the office coincided with the mystery reveal, but it is good you got some time to sew after all that. Your blocks are really cute. Thanks for the kind words, I'm just glad it was some help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, a miniature version -- just "translating" the pattern is a feat. Nice to meet you and to read your blog. (I live in northern Illinois, too.)

    ReplyDelete