A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Snowy Saturday Sewing

This past Saturday found me hunkered down in the Studio, stitching, stitching, stitching... with a little bit of laundry and house chores, thrown in for good measure. That way I don't feel guilty about taking the whole day to myself.  

The DH asked if I wanted to go grocery shopping in the middle of the afternoon. Ummm, no! Turns out it's good he went because we had planned our delayed Anniversary dinner for this Saturday. He came back from the store reporting the roads were terrible, as the snow (we got 4 inches total) was falling and blowing all over. Needless to say, I was more than happy to agree to yet another postponement for our date night. 

The minute DH headed out to shop, I sprang into action!  He is currently under a doctor's restriction - no lifting, pulling or pushing more than  15 lbs.  Hopefully, the issue will be resolved soon (minor day surgery may be involved) so he's not quite so grumpy. In the meantime, the totes of Christmas decorations, wrapping paper, etc. needed to get out of the office and back up to the attic for another year. We have the pull down ladder and normally work as a team getting things up & down.  I was determined to get it done before he got home.  It definitely was a workout!  I added that to my checked-off chore list and headed back down for more stitching!

My reward for diligence was the completion of the last of the 41 focus blocks of the new quilt project! 

There were a few challenges, requiring some unsewing and resewing.

And somehow, when I wasn't paying attention, I grabbed a cutoff 2-patch unit and stitched it in place.

So not going to work! It's things like this that make me laugh. That unit was a full 1/4 inch shy of 2 inches. 

 It's getting closer to figuring out the layout for this project. Where I'm going to be able to layout all the blocks to get the color progression color is a mystery right now. The Michigan House floor would be really handy right about now!  It's not something I can plan on paper. The DH's king size bed may be commandeered for the layout - don't tell him!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are making good progress, and enjoying it! I am looking forward to seeing this project when it is complete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing this project in color! LOL

    ReplyDelete