A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Kicking Off 2019!!



Kicking off 2019 with warm wishes for a happy & prosperous New Year to All!

Reflection is always part of the rolling into a brand new year, along reorganization and letting go (READ: Massive purging!) of anything that doesn't work in my life. 

Frankly, not blogging isn't working for me anymore. I drifted away from posting last year because I didn't think I had anything to say.  In truth, the opposite was true. I had a lot of things to say, lots of jumbled, contradictory thoughts & feelings that I didn't want to face or order into any kind of cohesive statements. This blog is for me, about my life  - the good, the bad not so good and the OMG ugly. 

Writing things that fall into any of the above categories is REAL life, my life. Writing things down, okay typing things out, helps create order from a swirl of chaotic thoughts and feeling, and makes you see thing in a different light, from a new perspective.  Avoidance is NOT working for me and not blogging was just another form of avoidance. 

I'm also working on purging the physical things that are cluttering up my space. I had fallen off that wagon last year, too.  I blamed it on being too busy, when in reality I was being lazy and avoiding dealing with it. Things just continue to multiply when you aren't ruthless about them. The breed in dark corners, in the back of closets and drawers. 

I don't need more stuff! 

Well, not counting Christmas presents, of course. But DH & I handled that a little differently for 2018, which I will share in another post. 

And as a few new things find their way in, even more needs to find it's way into the hands of someone who needs it more than I do. Less stuff = more time to enjoy doing, not caring for, cleaning around, storing, reorganizing things. 

Hoping for a very successful 2019 in avoiding Avoidance.  That will make next year's reflection a whole lot prettier!


1 comment:

  1. It will be nice to see you blogging more again if you can. I also find blogging helps me organise my thoughts. And it is great to have a record of things I would totally forget otherwise.

    I hope 2019 has a lot more of the good, than of the not so good, and the ugly. For all of us!

    ReplyDelete