A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Monday, January 21, 2019

Something Else Arrived Back Home

Apparently, last week was a homecoming week for my traveling quilts.  Not only did 'Fly Away Home' return home but so did my Cherrywood Van Gogh Challenge quilt.


The quilt traveled with me to Switzerland as a work in progress and then had many trips as part of the Dutch Gallery of traveling finalists. New York, Minnesota, Illinois, the National Quilt Museum in Paducah, Kentucky and last April - The Australasian Quilt Convention, held at the Royal Exhibition Building, Carlton Gardens, Melbourne, Australia.

While it was there, fellow quilt blogger Vireya stopped by the Van Gogh exhibit to see my quilt in person and sent me some pictures.


 I had sent her an email giving her express permission to touch my quilt. Apparently, it worked because she sent me this picture.
"Hi, Vireya!"
And now, my cow quilt is back home, hanging in the Studio. 

Certainly, not as glamorous as some places it has hung, but it's home - right where it belongs. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it may be home but it has certainly merited being admired around the world! Work to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your lovely cow has arrived back home safely after all that adventure!

    ReplyDelete