A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Friday, July 29, 2016

Caribbean Citrus Flight?

When I was first thinking about the Flying Geese NQOF challenge.  I saw citrus colors, against a midnight blue background.

I ruled out a black background as being too somber for the feeling I was going for and found a rich Hoffman 1895 batik - Tahiti. I gathered this range of, you guessed it - batiks, of course! Hot, bright citrus colors.

And the more I thought about it, the more I felt this palette was too limiting.  Why would I do that to myself?  I have a stash of batiks with depth and breadth. At least 740 different pieces of batiks, not counting my creamy neutral shades.

Yes - 740 batiks to work with and I was going to only use 11. Talk about dumb! 

So the palette has been expanded and hopefully the design mind too!

1 comment: