A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Midnight Flight Redux

A few years ago I made 'A Midnight Flight to the Four Winds' for the Sauder Village Challenge.




This year the NQM New Quilts from an Old Favorite theme block is Flying Geese. I always wanted to make a new larger version of my design and I think it will fit the challenge quite nicely, with a few modifications, of course.


Fortunately, I still have my original graph paper drawings that I copied to cut apart and can rearrange to get my designing underway. 

I started out simple with a repeat of the rounds. Too plain  - need some visual interest here, so I played around with an offset barn raising setting.


And then added a trimmed down 'bird'.  

Nope. So I need to add some negative space and some more flying geese.

The design is getting there. It's one of those that need to just evolve as I go.  Hopefully, I'll run into some happy design accidents along the way. 









1 comment:

  1. It is interesting to see the process. It will be fun to see what you end up with!

    ReplyDelete