A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Solstice Block # 6 - The Crosswalk

The Solstice Block progress has run aground. Temporarily, thankfully. 

I had caught up with the week's blocks from when I was gone.  I was happily awaiting the Week 6 block release last Wednesday.  

The Crosswalk. 

Oh, don't get me wrong - it's a fine block.  I've seen other quilters' versions on the link up.  I've seen the multi-block layout of it - looks great, very versatile, and easy to make.  Except when you need to shrink in down from 12 inches to 3 inches.

That's when things ground to a halt. The strips and blocks would finish out at a half inch wide and a quarter inch wide in my mini block.  I'm so not sure I can do this. I'm going to try.  

I do like a challenge. I do like a challenge. I do like a challenge.  I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.

Worse case scenario, if it's an epic fail, I will need to redraft the block to make it less complicated. 



No comments:

Post a Comment