A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Friday, October 13, 2017

New, Non-Painting Project!

Finally, I have something to post besides painting & driving!

This week was broken up by yet another round trip drive from Michigan to Wisconsin to take Odie to the vet, but it was a routine, planned visit for his 3rd set of puppy shots. No drama, no problems! He weighed in at just under 20 lbs. (9 kgs.).  We returned to the Michigan House late Wednesday night for what should be a week long stay! Very excited to have some time to not only finish the last of the painting (only the trim left to do on the house, garage & shed) but to have some stitching time, too.

I have a new challenge project to whip out this week, using a precut pack. I chose a 10 inch square pack of Wilmington Batiks named Jean Pool. It's the same collection I used on Odie's puppy blanket.

My first attempt at layout was altered by a curious puppy having puppy zoomies.


All part of his learning to be a studio dog - going to take some time to learn about fabric on the floor.  No harm done as that layout wasn't working anyway. After some contemplation and a long puppy walk, I rearranged the squares to this layout which (maybe) I will be going with. 
Odie photo bombing like a big dog!

The squares will all be sub-cut and pieces will be swapped about. I took a quick picture of the layout the minute I had the last square in place, just in case I had some more 'help'.  But I shouldn't have worried because by then someone had crashed on the couch.

He's so cute when he's asleep! The snoring cracks me up.




3 comments:

  1. Odie, helping Mom with her quilt layout is so nice of you. You are growing up to be such a handsome guy. We all send pets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odie already weighs more than either of our adult dogs! He came up with an interesting alternative layout, if a little impractical to sew.

    ReplyDelete