A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Happy Boxing Day and Mini Mystery Bits

Happy Boxing Day!

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas Day. DH and I had a low key day, filled with yummy food. Breakfast started with these - Michigan blueberries that I froze myself back in July

Thawed and drowned in batter 

and served with thick cut hickory smoked bacon.

Breakfast was a tad on the late side since we did presents first (I'll share those with you all in another post), and rather filling, so lunch was a bit of cheese and crackers with a spinach artichoke dip.  Light on purpose so as not to spoil our appetites for dinner.  The timing of dinner's parts precluded any picture taking, especially since it was rudely interrupted by me dropping/breaking a cereal bowl on the floor.  The DH cleaned up that mess while I keep the cooking going.  We enjoyed Bison ribeye steaks, grilled on the cast iron grill/griddle pan that was a Christmas gift from last year, rainbow trout, and a few side. YUM!

Today, it's about laundry and getting a bit of sewing underway.  I took some time on Christmas afternoon to convert the Mystery Quilts Clue #4 and Clue #5 measurements and do some cutting.

These are my Clue #4 And Clue #5 units underway. 

Check out Bonnie Hunter's  Mystery Link Up to see how everyone else's Mystery Quilt is coming on.

My units probably won't get finished until Thursday, at the earliest, as there are some family things to attend to. My aunt passed away, with the wake being held today and the funeral  tomorrow.  It was a blessing that she went peacefully after having a severe stoke a few weeks ago. 

By Thursday, I will relish some simple, repetitive sewing to calm the soul.  We are having some truly frigid temps, with brutal wind chills and some snow forecasted for the end of the week - ICK!!  The thought of spending quiet time, in a toasty warm studio, is divine. Oh, and I've been saving the new Season of 'The Crown' on Netflix to watch while sewing.




8 comments:

  1. Your clue four units are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I don't think I have had blueberry pancakes for breakfast since my first trip to the US in 1980. We have blueberries growing in our garden now, so I will obviously have to put some of them into pancakes.

    I'm sorry to hear about your aunt.

    Enjoy your sewing and TV watching. I just watched the last episode of the second series of "The Crown" myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only used half the bag so we can enjoy blueberry pancakes again soon - they are a nice bit of summer during the cold weather. I had to put "The Crown" watching on hold until I can watch when not handling mini quilt bits.

      Delete
  3. Are you using yardage, not scraps for your mystery? Your colors are beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just dived into my stash - there are 3 different aqua/turquoises, 1 coral, 1 blue and a few different neutrals - none of which is larger than a 1/3 yard cut. Since I am doing 1/2 scale and only making a quarter of the number of pieces, I wanted more consistency than the usual scrappy approach.

      Delete
  4. That dark blue is going to be divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Dark blue is my go-to dark (instead of black) or neutral.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete