A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

New Vintage Machine

The last week and a half have been flown by with no fabric under any needle in this house!  But on the plus side, I've been drawing the new design and with a little luck, fabric will be cut and fused this week.

In the meantime, this machine was unearthed at the house of my Mom's cousin who recently passed away.  It was his mom's machine and is now in my folk's garage.  

I stopped by long enough for some quick pictures - not even wiping it down first.  It's a 1928 Singer 66 with the Filigree decals.









This baby is in need of some serious cleaning.  The condition of the electric wiring makes me hesitate to plug her in until I have time to check things out more thoroughly.  Not sure where this machine will end up, but this is a project for a later date.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty! Just like mine (although mine's a treadle).
    My 66 treadle
    It will be beautiful when cleaned up.

    ReplyDelete