A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Friday, November 27, 2015

Black Friday Holiday Shopping - Our Way

No Malls.  
No starting my Holiday shopping on Thanksgiving.


 No standing in line at Midnight, waiting for a store to open. NOPE!!! 
Not. My. Thing!

But we like a good deal - who doesn't?  Our way of shopping allows us time for research & hunting, not just jumping on the bandwagon and getting sucked into those so called special deals.  DH & I have already decided on what our main presents will be. 

DH is getting a new 12 inch sliding compound miter saw.  He's been looking around for awhile now, comparing of various makes, models, features, sizes, durability, etc.  I think he's finally got it narrowed down & picked out.  He'll go get it in the next few weeks.


Kobalt 12 inch sliding saw


No sense in me trying to pick out a saw for him - it would be like him picking out a sewing machine for me. Just not going to work! Unless he found and bought a Singer Featherweight, that is.

I am getting my 10 year Anniversary band that matches my wedding band. 




It only took almost 12 years to earn it. I found one on eBay from a reputable jeweler in Milwaukee and negotiated a best offer deal on it.  The ring arrived earlier this week and I'm already wearing it - i couldn't wait! 



Though I'll have to give it back, so DH can wrap it up for Christmas morning.

Santa will be surprising us with a few small gifts but really, all the Holiday shopping is done before Black Friday and I haven't left the house at all.

2 comments:

  1. Great way to do your shopping.

    The anniversary band is beautiful, and together the rings are a lovely set. Congratulations on your 10th anniversary! (Even if it was a couple of years back.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. concrete5 web design

    ReplyDelete