A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Monday, November 9, 2015

Color: Divergent Path

On Oct. 31st, Bonnie Hunter released the colors for her 2015 Mystery quilt: Allietare

While the colors are pretty they are not found in my stash, even though I am considering doing this quilt in either a smaller size or in miniature. 

On Facebook, I found this color inspiration:



I've always loved cymbidium orchids.  Coincidentally, I've been gathering some interesting batiks  lately that I've been wanting to play with:



So while I will be participating in Bonnie's mystery, my colors will be substituted as follows:


Red = Hot Orange
Gold = Lime
Gray = Purple
Black = Black
Neutrals = Neutrals

Let the games begin!

2 comments:

  1. Nice colour scheme!
    Still thinking about mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always fun to mix it up. I will follow your Allietare with interest!

    ReplyDelete