A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Monday, November 6, 2017

9 Patch Blocks + Sashing = Progress!

Once the sashing fabric was decided, it was time to assemble the quadrants. 
One.

Two.
Three.

The clear floor space was nice to have for laying things out. Odie has learned (for the most part) to keep his paws off the quilt in progress, but I need to be mindful of stray bits of fabric and threads with an inquisitive puppy about the studio space.

For the outside border, I used a wider piece of the sashing fabric rather than changing to something else. I think it frames it all quite well.


Now on to the quilting of this top and get it turned in to the LQS for the contest.  The winner will be chosen by popular vote from Nov. 9 to Dec. 9.  The prize is a gift basket of quilting goodies.  I hope it is well received but either way, I have a nice throw size quilt done before winter.

2 comments:

  1. Now that I see the quilt top put together I really like it. For some reason I was not thrilled before assembly, did not seem like your work. Now that it is assembled, it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete