A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Monday, November 27, 2017

Sewing Project Triggers Black Friday Shopping

I have a new, non-quilting sewing project waiting in the wings.  This is Stormy's mid-weight winter blanket that I took off him last week.

It's an older but serviceable blanket, though it's now sporting a few new rips - courtesy of his new herd mates.  After washing (repeatedly!), I can better assess the extent of the repairs needed.

The rips go all the way through the outer shell, the polyfil and the inner lining. I'll be patching it as best I can as an emergency back up blanket, but the repairs will put my sewing skills to the test!  

After taking off the purple paisley blanket, I re-rugged him with a clean(!) second hand turnout blanket that will keep him warm & dry until some of my Black Friday shopping items arrive. 
Not Stormy and no, a horse is not on my Holiday Shopping List
In about a week, Stormy will be sporting the plaid! And  not long after, so will I.

These and the ones below are coming from the UK but they're worth the wait! It's not easy to find riding clothes in my size, and I was able to take advantage of the Black Friday Sales - WooHoo!!
Taking advantage of a 40% off Black Friday discount, the DH got some other goodies - some for me & some for Stormy but those are Christmas gifts so we have to wait to get them.
 


Being a good wife, I did the shopping for him.   


1 comment:

  1. Lucky Stormy. And you!
    It's amazing how different the coat looks after a good wash (or washes).

    ReplyDelete