A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Thursday, November 2, 2017

Sashing Auditions Take Center Stage

The stitching on the Blue Square quilt has commenced!  It was really a breeze to get the blocks stitched up. 
The 'Light' Quadrant swapped and laid out
They are an asymmetrical nine patch, so they lent themselves to being webbed together and chain stitched. The card table helped keep everything in the proper order.

Once the blocks were stitched, I need to audition sashing fabric - this turned out to be a lot easier than I thought.  For the contest I am allowed to use up to three other fabrics in the top.  I had purchased two, thinking I would use both for sashing to emphasis the color progression. From the audition pictures below, you can see that the sashing could really only be one of the fabrics.
Bright quadrant on light sashing

Dark quadrant on light sashing
Bright quadrant on dark sashing

Dark quadrant on dark sashing
The light sashing was just as ghastly in person!  Interestingly, it is one of the fabrics in the collection that is in the quilt but it did nothing to enhance the other fabrics.  It will find a use in another project, I'm certain. Or maybe the binding of this one.  There's a ways to go before I get to that stage. 

I really like the dark blue sashing fabric and need to pick up a few more yards for the stash.




2 comments:

  1. I agree that the dark sashing is the best option for your blocks. Happy "row"-ing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the dark is a million times better, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete