A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Monday, December 10, 2018

Mini Mystery!

I'm doing it!
I'm doing the Bonnie Hunter Mystery...in miniature!

This past weekend was a dog show weekend so no sewing actually got done.  What I did manage to do was convert all three clues unit sizes to mini (half regular size) and discover the little HSTs from Clue# 3 are going to be challenging. Those I haven't figured out which will be the best way to make them without making myself crazy or the machine eating tiny points. I'll get there!  I have two other clues units to make while I figure them out.

Since I'm not about to cut into the larger yardage pieces I posted last week, I needed to jump into the stash and find my colors/fabrics. 

I'm changing them up from Bonnie's like I said I was going to do.  Her green is my turquoise. Her red is my hot pink.

Interestingly, two of my batiks weren't washed - weird since EVERYTHING gets washed before going into the stash.  But I figured out that must have happened when I was re-housing my entire stash.  That will be another blog post.

Hard to believe there are three clues released already - I need to get busy! Thankfully, I only need to make a quarter of the number of the units than I would if I was making a full size quilt. If I did the math right, my mini should finish around 18 inches square.

Check out all the other Good Fortune mystery quilt makers progress HERE

2 comments: