A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Detour to a LQS

I was out running a few errands & doing the shopping earlier this week & made a quick detour to a LQS - Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop (Fox River Grove, IL).  Over the past weekend, they held there 7th Annual Quilt Show & Open House and I need to pick up my Challenge entry. While I didn't win , it was a fun challenge & a great show with 97 quilts were entered.  The shop specializes in reproduction fabrics - mainly 1800's, including civil war era prints and early 1900's, including cute 30's prints. They also have a longarm machine on site & two experienced quilters to finish your tops.
 
The Challenge started back in January & ran for 4 months.  We had to select a neutral from a choice of 3 preselected prints and follow specific rules for each border - size (which followed the Fibonacci sequence), fabric, blocks to include.  I am planning on doing it again next year! Here's my entry from this year - Fibonacci Framed.

 
And of course, I couldn't resist browsing their selection for fabric for another quilt to make for next year's show. I found a few solids I like, some are Sahara cloth. Maybe a miniature...


 
As you might have guessed - I'm a Pre-Washer. And no, I don't want to open that kettle of Fat Quarters - I say 'To each, their own'!
 
Working on the barn quilt design Thursday afternoon & Friday but I can't post a picture quite yet as it's not yet finalized & I want to surprise Martha.  I will say it looks like it will be based on a 5/8" grid - that will be interesting!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, this quilt is awesome to say the least and it MUST come and live at my house...I have the perfect bed for it to reside on. Lovely work as usual Cherry.

    ReplyDelete