A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Progress at the Design Wall - slow and bumpy

"Summer Stripes" blocks are on the design wall and off the design wall and back on the design wall. Rinse and Repeat!
 
I started with a random light / dark layout
NOPE!
Can't handle randomness - big surprise there - NOT!

I tried a light / dark color rows layout
 
NOPE!!
So not working for me.
 

I tried a color wash layout
 
Better - getting there - but needs work. And my design wall needs to be 4 times bigger to do the whole color wash properly.  I didn't want to stop and address that issue today so I removed half of the blocks, moved everything else over and continued.  I am having a hard time getting the Sunset blocks to blend in.  It took awhile for me to figure it out but this is the color I miss cut the blocks for & then tried to salvage them by cutting them down, which resulted in not enough dark blocks.  Since the Sunset color is just so far from the other colors in intensity, I may end up removing them entirely.
 
 
Looks like I need to resolve the design wall issue before I get this laid out to suit me.  There should be a large hunk of flannel somewhere around here...
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment