A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Out of the Repair Shop!

My sewing machine is ready to be picked up from the Repair Shop!  Going to get it today before we start back working on the floor in the upstairs hallway and possible storms moving in the area this afternoon.

What kind of sewing machine do I quilt on?  This is my workhorse machine - bought 12 years and many, many, many sewing miles ago.

 
 
Hopefully, the tension issues are all resolved and the insides are cleaned, oiled & ready to go.  Not that I'll have a chance to sit down to sew until the weekend because I'm going on a ROAD TRIP!
 
Yep - very early tomorrow morning, I'll be loaded up and hitting the road.
Destination: Scarlet's house in Metamora, Illinois - 159 miles, 3 hours 9 minutes.
 
Scarlet, aka Martha Witcher, is a very talented fiber artist with her primary focus being weaving but she also knits, spins and can quilt but only under duress, every 10 years or so.  Please take a minute to visit her blog - Thistle Rose Weaving.  While you are there, please vote for her in the Martha Stewart American Made contest - details on Scarlet's blog.
 
I am taking down her barn-ette quilt & spending some time just visiting. I'm quite sure fiber will be discussed. :)
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Cherry thank you for the shout out for my shop and for my entry in the Martha Stewart Made In America contest. Really looking forward to seeing you and catching up with each other.

    ReplyDelete