A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Thursday, March 12, 2015

A Windy Start

It's past time to start putting fabric together for the Sauder Village Triple Windmill Challenge! 

Last night I pulled out the paper foundations, fabric swatch cards and all the related paperwork.  Armed with a cup of hazelnut coffee, I sat down to get started.  I cut apart the large block's paper base into sew-able chunks.  


And I stared at it. And stared at it. Hmm. Nope - not happening - going to need a color layout plan to figure this one out. So that needs to happen and SOON!!

Rather than waste precious machine time drawing and coloring, I switched machines, grabbed the Chirp, Chirp quilt and continued the machine quilting on it. 


By 9 pm, I was ready to shut down and am happy to say that this project is about 80% quilted!! I should be binding by next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment