A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Monday, March 9, 2015

Triangles Takeover!

Saturday morning dawn sunny & bright, as we headed out early to do some shopping errands. DH wasn't thrilled to be moving quite as early as I had planned, so I relented and relaxed the departure time to 9 am.  If I have to go shopping on weekends, I like to be there and back before most people roll out of bed.  Thankfully, we completed our three stops and were back home by lunchtime!

The afternoon brought laundry and Studio Time.  I was itching to work with the half square triangles!  The more I thought about Ocean Waves, the less I liked the idea. It was the cream squares - too predictable given I was trying to be scrappy, okay - controlled scrappy with lots of blues and 6 creams. 

I started piecing them together 
 


And made 4 blocks 


NOPE - not where I want to go. Try again.


4 cream triangles in the center. 




Better, but let's see what happens when try 4 blue triangles in the center.

Hmm, interesting!  We're just going to see where this leads.


1 comment: