A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Monday, September 19, 2016

Saturday's Surprise Activity

You'll never believe what I had to do this past Saturday!

It wasn't house cleaning.

It wasn't a road trip.

It wasn't work work (that was Sunday).

It was FABRIC SHOPPING!!!

Surprised?  I sure as heck was!  

I dug thru my stash, pulling out every clear green, blue, purple teal & turquoise piece of batik I had and started playing the shading game.  The goal was to have a run of seven fabrics, shaded from light to dark. That's when I discovered I had holes in the runs that my stash couldn't fill.

That left only one solution - shopping.  I headed over to the closest LQS to fill in the blanks.  It was a bit dicey as they have a limited selection of batiks but it worked out. Technically, I only needed to find 2 greens, but I ended up with 10 fat quarters. Not sure how that happened.  There were a few that replaced the choices I had on hand.

I ran back home, chucked everything into the washer and got busy cutting the 72,514,908 small 1.5 inch blue squares I need.

In the end, I was pleased with the color runs.  These will bring the flying geese runs to life.



Bonus - I did  get some sewing done this weekend, too.










1 comment: