A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

It Snowed!

Yes!  I am aware it's Winter.  I can no longer deny that fact as I sat in my studio on Sunday while flakes fell fast & furious for most all day. Total snowfall was 8-10 inches.
Doesn't mean I have to like it. 😉 
Things are busy this week with our office year-end business recap on Friday - there are a few things I need to do to get ready.  And since we got our tree last Saturday, the Christmas decorating needs to be done. 


Anyway, back to the studio... on Sunday after the four patches were done, it was time to work on a special quilt.  A certain 3 and 1/2 year old outgrew his baby quilt - the nerve of him!  A new quilt is needed post-haste!

I started with a bonus project - a dinosaur fabric book. 




Not my most favorite thing to stitch as straight of grain on a printed block is more of a wishful thought than a reality.  I'm experiencing the same thing on the construction trucks fabric, though I can compensate a little easier. Originally, I was going to make a double sided quilt - dinosaurs on one side and trucks on the other. Kind of rethinking that rather than fight the grain issue and the 'how on earth do you quilt that' question entirely. 


I need to hunt down some 'grass' fabric to complete the layout on this truck quilt. Then I have to figure out the layout for the dinosaurs. Then layer & quilt as fast as I can before a certain little guy outgrows these two quilts.



No comments:

Post a Comment