A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Friday, December 16, 2016

Sound in the Woods

Last month, I found this hanging in a LQS as a sample for a kit they had: Robert Kaufman: Grove, made from the Sound of the Woods 2 fabric collection.

Some might have been tempted to just buy the kit ($99.) & have everything planned out.  I can't just do that, I'm not hard-wired that way. I have to make it my own.  I got the center panel 

and started assembling some fabrics to go with it.  I went with a few darker, richer colors to use as accents and narrow borders.
Yes - Zena's toes are at the edge of the picture. She was helping me.
Need to figure out what I want to do with it. I think this will be my Winter break project, once I get the dinosaur & trucks quilts done.


1 comment:

  1. Love the center panel, great colors - come to think of it this project will look smashing in your new studio area.

    ReplyDelete