YAY!! I have a Finish to share with all of you!
But first, some process/progress pictures of the past few weeks.
In keeping with the aged muslins used, I wanted a basic color thread. I choose this YLI hand quilting thread.
In hindsight, I should have gone to a darker variegated or a darker cream/beige solid for an even more aged look and better blending, especially given the quilting. I forgot that with mini size complex blocks, there are a lot of seams to traverse and you occasionally get some bobbly quilting lines because of them.
I like the look of the back.
It's amazing how much time it took to quilt this small project (21 inches by 24 inches). But turning every 3/4's of an inch take time and patience. The outer rows of blocks went a little easier because I could keep going from one block to another and then another. Harder to do that on interior rows because I didn't stitch in the ditch first to stabilize the project. So glad when I got to trim stage
I auditioned all the colors for binding and landed on the darkest blue to frame it.
And finally - Solstice Sampler
I really like the Marcus Fabrics Aged Muslins. I want to design another full size project with them and there are more colors available in this line.
I've been quilting on the Phoenix project so a post on that is coming soon, along with some non-fabric, quilting related things.