A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Monday, November 24, 2014

Linty Bits!

Saturday night was the time to tackle the huge pile of fleece headbands.  I had 24 prepped, the raw edges turned and handstitched closed and ready for the Velcro strips. I set those up assembly line style and zipped through them.


The next batch of 24 needed the raw ends stitched and I opted to do them on the machine.  I was on the 24th one when my needle suddenly bent - WHAT??!! I knew what that meant - linty build up.  DANG!  The assembly line screeched to a halt.

This is what I found when I opened up the bobbin area. A little hard to see but all the blue grey fuzziness is fleece lint. WOW - that's a lot of lint for the short time I was stitching.


And it was worse when I went digging around.


I'll have to be extra vigilant while I'm working on this project. 48 down, 96 to go.  sigh.

I NEED to get these done *BEFORE*  Thanksgiving if I can.  Fingers Crossed!! Evenings next week will be busy to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment