A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Friday, November 14, 2014

What's Next...

I was wondering that exact same thing.  I have an 14 day break!  I finished the French Braid and got it shipped off 2-Day Air on Monday.  It’s in Indiana for a school benefit auction later today.

I have 14 days until the Bonnie Hunter Grand Illusion Mystery quilt kicks off. Soooo, what’s a quilter to do?  I can’t sit around gathering dust for the better part of two weeks!  Yes, of course there are chores and projects around here that need to be done. The garage project got mostly delayed, though I did put in some time out there on Tuesday.

But I need something else in there for balance, mental health, manual dexterity exercise and chill out time.


I’m planning on using ‘Wild Cherry’ for the piecing of Grand Illusion, so I’ll need to have a practice, get-to-know-her project. 

I could also bring out ‘Wendy’, the 301 for some run time. 


But I need a fabric plan to sew on to do both of those things.  The FW still needs a dust cover made as I am loath to pack her into her case. She’s too pretty to be put away. 

Hmmmm...need to dig around in the stash & see what I can find to work on.  Nothing challenge or contest related - those two (Sauder Village 2015 and Quilt Alliance 2015) are still percolating in the noggin.

I'll meet you back here on Monday to show you what kind of trouble I got into over the weekend.







2 comments:

  1. Ummm, I know .... how about a double Irish chain quilt? Somebody you know is willing to trade handwoven textiles for one of your lovely quilts...a cherry pie could also be in the barter. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete