A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Friday, November 4, 2016

It's a Finish!

Haven't said those words much lately!  Wow - maybe not even once this year. I need to check that.

Yep - I suck! Technically, I only had two other finishes this year. Not great by any standard.  At least I have two more projects queued up for this year. One is a quilt for a little boy whose out grown his baby quilt. Time to make him a proper twin size quilt. 

But I digress. 

FLY AWAY HOME is done! Quilted, bound, labeled & hanging sleeve attached.

My favorite part of the finishing is the trimming of the edge. I'm not sure what it is but it is so satisfying to hack off the extra bits.


It was a perfect day for taking pictures. Sunny with intermittent clouds. When the sun was shining bright & I got the back shot.
And cloudy for this shot:


The "New Quilt from an Old Favorite" entry form and pictures have officially been delivered to the National Quilt Museum.  The waiting begins.  I have a new, non-fiber, but definitely sewing related project to share next.







6 comments:

  1. Cherry, you have outdone yourself this time. I like both sides of the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow!!! Congratulations on the finish, but even more on the wonderful design. I love your colour graduations, and whole thing is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so visually impacting! Beautiful work! Hope to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete