A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Thursday, May 29, 2014

WICKED, the Challenge

I was minding my own business, wandering around the web, checking out a link from an author's newsletter, one thing leads to another and BAM - I stumbled across the


Oh, BLAST!!!  Another cool challenge, this one forcing me to use my favorite hand dyed fabric!!  You have got to be kidding me - I am powerless to resist!!


Okay - you have to admit those colors are lusciously wicked.  Maybe not not your normal quilt palette but I know what those fabrics feel like in real life and I know the color saturation is exactly what it looks like, and I am itching to get my hands on it.

Drawbacks to yet another challenge??  Ummm, well, I've never seen the musical, don't know the story, haven't read the book, so coming up with a design might be a bit tricky.  But that's what challenges are all about!  Thankfully, there is a lot of reference material online that I can look at for inspiration.  The timeline is fairly generous, even considering I have another challenge to finish by June 22nd.  

Now if you all will excuse me, I have some Wicked hunting to do.  I am such a Challenge junkie...



3 comments:

  1. Cherry, you read FAST - get the book at the library I know you will enjoy the story. The fabric colors are indeed evil, greenly evil ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing it too It doesn't have to be about the play or book - your idea of Wicked is ok too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing colours! Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete