A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Coming Apart at the Seams

I have made the decision to un-sew the triangle top.


It is just too busy for me.  It needs to have some quiet areas added to give the eye a place to rest.  I used PowerPoint to mock up the layout that's been rolling around in my mind.  This is not to scale, and no quilt math was employed -  I'll get to that soon enough.


The white areas will not necessary be cream nor whole pieces but they will definitely be calmer.  And I don't have to make any additional blocks, as I had one left over when I sewed the top together! 

1 comment:

  1. It's a shame, but it is a bit busy when you get it all together, isn't it? And the difference between the dark-centred and light-centred blocks is lost in the busy-ness.

    I know you will turn it into something stunning in the end!

    ReplyDelete