A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Friday, May 8, 2015

On the Line and in the Bin

In the middle of the electronic failures,  I have come down with an upper respiratory infection. 


Sparing all of you the gross details, I hightailed it into the Doctor office and got some serious meds.  I am so NOT playing around with this - I don't have time or patience to be sick.  

Well, that's not how things work. The coughing is so intense, my ribs muscles are sore and sleeping is an interesting adventure. Clearly, I could not go into the office yesterday and today is iffy right now.  Fortunately, I have the ability to work from home.  My studio sewing table makes a roomy desk.

Unfortunately, the electronic gremlins weren't quite done with me - I 'lost' a SharePoint site that I've been working on for over a week now.  

Panic and frustration were running high, to say the least!  Thankfully, the help desk was able to restore a version from earlier today, with minimal rebuilding work that will need to be done. 

During the worst of the afternoon drama, this was the view from the studio yesterday as I worked from home. 


A much more muted color palette than I usually work in. I have to say just looking out the sliding door had a calming effect.

I had enlisted DH to wash and hang out some FQs on the line, as the day was too gorgeous not to take advantage of nature's dryer.  My evening fabric therapy was cutting apart the HST two-sies in this bin. Didn't count them - just kept running them through the machine.  


Let's hope the gremlins are done messing with me.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you aren't feeling well! That on top of things you know you need to get done can make for a lousy day! Thank goodness you were able to look at beautiful fabric to help heal yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you will be feeling much better soon!

    ReplyDelete