A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Monday, May 8, 2017

Phoenix Rising - the Drawing

Back in February (!), I posted HERE about the Phoenix Rising Challenge at a LQS.  I had received the first month's instructions and purchased my fabrics and that's as far as I got. I needed to draft a 18" block and set it on point.  I had an idea and a plan and no chance to work on it until this past weekend.

These are my fabrics


And here is the first drawing of the center block


The asymmetrical wing layer structure was making me crazy. DH agreed I needed to fix this. So I headed back to the drawing board. 

Draw, cut, tape, overlay, trace, draw and repeat.


Finally, I had this.


Next up - the color placement planning, then the cutting of the template pieces.  It's going to be like playing with spaghetti to get this assembled!  But I have a plan...









2 comments:

  1. Nice challenge you have there, looking forward to seeing the end results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is going to be another amazing creation!

    ReplyDelete