A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Friday, June 20, 2014

Weekend Plans!

While the Cat is away, the rest of us & the mice will play!  

My DH has left on his annual trip to Colorado.  


I have the house to myself & sole possession of the remote control! 

Among other things, besides attending the IQF later today (hoping for embellishment inspiration for the Wicked challenge quilt), I have planned: a trail ride, a super quick trip to the Michigan house to cut grass & visit a favorite nursery (want more lavender for the west side of the house), some clearing of clutter from the garage, a click flick or two (maybe even Season 4 of Downton Abbey), hanging out on the couch with the cats & dogs and my two favorite Uncles – Ben & Jerry. 


and, of course, STITCHING!!

Up on the schedule this weekend is the assembling of the Daring Downton Debacle Challenge quilt.  The new fabric I got the other night is already washed and dried and ready to become sashing & border bits. The rows are hanging on the design wall, still needing a pressing, squaring up and probably a bit of sliver trimming.   I am excited to get back to the Studio and do some stitching.

It was been raining, storming, hot & humid all week but the weekend looks clear & sunny. ENJOY!!

Let's meet back here next week & I'll have pictures to share!


1 comment: