A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Quilting Start on Summer Splash

Summer Splash needed to be quilted this past weekend, due to a special deadline on this Thursday.  I had to find a backing.  I didn't want to bust into the brown 108" wide backing for this small quilt - it's only 48 inches square.  Digging into my other backing drawer, I found this.


The colors blend well enough and I had plenty to piece together, so the choice was easy.

I couldn't run out to Michigan to use the tile floor, not to mention crawling around on said floor is completely out of the question right now.  I had to use my sewing table for layering. 

I'm not 100% happy with the tension I achieve using the table but it will be fine in the end.  Here's Summer Splash all ready for machine quilting.


Stay tuned for quilting progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment