A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Cherry Adventure Series, May/June 2015

I know... I just disappeared. 

Fell off the radar. 



Went quiet.

I'm here to say - THAT was NOT the PLAN!!!

Memorial Day Weekend was supposed to be about relaxing, sewing an entire 20" square quilt for the 'Focus Through the Prism' challenge and making final preparations for my planned surgery.  

That was the Plan! I even had two days after the long weekend for finishing touches. It was a great Plan!!


NOT SO MUCH!!! 

I sewed a grand total of 12 seams, the average length of which was about an inch and a half.  There are pictures of that progress somewhere - just no idea where.

My body seemed to just up and decide to make me the most miserable person on the face of the earth because I removed half of the OTC pain meds I had been giving it, in prep for surgery.  Then it decided that wasn't enough - let's give her a little something more to deal with.  That lead to me being whisked away, by ambulance, from work on Tuesday morning, the day after Memorial Day, to the hospital...then to another hospital later that same day.

While there are many, boring, somewhat gory details of the last 10 days - we will not be discussing them here - at least for the time being.  Suffice to say...


I AM HOME!!! 

I am recovering from surgery,  Drake's at my side, cats watching me and my loving DH doting on my every need and whim. What I am not doing right now is sewing, or stitching, or even designing (not on paper but a few thoughts have flitted in my head), but which means I don't have a lot to blog about right now. 

My job right now is to rest, recover, recuperate, relax and recharge.  Blog posts will be spotty at best - possibly not quilt or sewing related.  Please hang in there with me.  I'm be doing my best to get back in the groove.  Can't let the sewing machine sit idle and you can't keep a quilter down long.  

I think there's an empty envelope back in reach for some idea doodling and a stubby pencil...just there. 
Graph paper...where is my graph paper?

See you round!

2 comments:

  1. Be well, rest and get stronger....hugs and squishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. That all sounds awful. I hope you are getting lots of rest and relaxation, and mending well.

    ReplyDelete