Hot on the heels of the Sauder Challenge finish, I decided that I was going to design, piece and quilt the Yurt Challenge hanging in a week's time.
Of course, it's my own dang fault I had to compress the process! I've had this since last June and dragged my heels big time!! I should have picked a different season but I chose Winter. I am a Summer child - Winter holds no appeal to me whatsoever. Not an excuse but it sure didn't help the process in the least.
I started by drafting snowflake blocks - 1 large (22") and 2 mediums (12"). I also drafted 3 smaller block (6") but decided not to piece them - too fussy.
|Medium blocks in progress|
|Medium blocks done|
Here the pieces are coming together
The sections are joined to each other
Introducing: Snow Crystals
Honestly, I'm not entirely thrilled with it. There are definitely things I would do differently. As I was assembling the top, I came up with a better design/layout but it was way too late to start over piecing new blocks.
Next up - I need to go draft some blocks for foundation piecing the 4th row of the Daring Downton Debacle challenge quilt.
And I need to get a head start on the MQG Michael Miller fabric challenge. Not letting myself lollygag around on these two projects.