A View of My Quilt Life

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Bamboo Shoots and Cotton Bolls

What do Bamboo Shoots and Cotton Boils have in common?

My newest investment in hand dyed fabric!


I ran it through the washing machine, using Synthrapol and warm water. It was too nice of a day to not take advantage of nature's drying machines - sun & wind!


It photographed a little 'hot' and no amount of tweaking it will make the picture better.  More importantly, I liked the hand of the fabric after washing.

The piece of fabric was created by Rebecca Kemble - Designs on Ice.  Check out her website.  She uses 54" wide, 50% bamboo/50% cotton, 200 thread count fabric.   I just *had* to have this piece.  It was pure indulgence and I don't feel guilty in the least! 

I bought it at the WI Quilt Expo and also asked permission to photograph the fabric part of her booth just for this blog.  

I did not take any pictures of her quilt design sample or patterns.  To see those, click the above link & check them out.

For now, this fabric is going into the stash, but I did have an idea or two for it.  We'll just have to see what happens.



No comments:

Post a Comment